Sunday, June 12, 2011

Camp


Hi Y'all! So it's been insane here in Idaho. I truly have been on facebook for minutes at a time and have not really been on a computer, so sorry for the delay! Well, the hour is upon us when I shall depart for camp! Tomorrow at 6:30am I get to meet everyone I'll be working with for the duration of the summer! So for this, my last post before camp, I'll do two lists: 1. What I've learned thus far in the west and 2. My favorite parts.

Thus far in the west I have learned:

1. My Heavenly Father loves me so much. I need to trust him. He hears my prayers. Even in the bottom of a canyon next to a mountain, he still cares

2. I am a city girl who thinks she's country! No matter how country I thought I was in Chicago, I am city out here

3. I just need to be myself and people will love me.

4. The spirit felt in the Naperville YSA can be brought alive anywhere if I am willing to bring it! The Salt Lake YSA was so welcoming and inviting and loving! They invited me to do things with them, it was wonderful! But I had to be friendly for the first five minutes...it can be anywhere if you bring that spirit of unity and inclusiveness and friendship with you!

5. The culture is very different, but people are people. We all feel hurt, happy, sad, loved, lonely...it exists everywhere...even in "zion".

6. It's important to be forgiving, even when you don't want to.

7. To go with the flow...sort of...I still love plans :(

8. I am beautiful, intelligent, kind, and loving...and worthy and capable of being loved in return.

9. It's ok to let other people take care of you when you are sick, or alone, or even just don't have a ride to the grocery store. They are blessing your life with their service, and God will bless theirs....so let them be blessed and be humble enough to accept help.

10. AND Eating healthy feels so good as compared to heavy foods! The Lord will bless us in following the word of wisdom, not only for what we don't do but for what we DO! Be active in your life! Follow him, don't expect him to stand still! He doesn't work that way...it's a very active pursuit to keep up with Heavenly Father and the Holy Ghost! They are heading for your future...you just have to keep up! Don't just pray...DO! And do whatever it is JOYFULLY!

My favorite parts were:


1. Mill Creek Canyon

2. Lake Jenny, Grand Teton National Park

3. Driving through the cornfield with Tiffany to see the Ghost swing and abandoned silos

4. Eating lunch with the Bison at Yellowstone

5. Hiking along the rapids through the snow and rain at yellowstone

6. Journaling in Porter park in Rexburg

7. Little Lemhi scout camp training....SOOOOOOOOO Much fun!!! Oh my goodness, I wish I had pictures! It was so much fun!

8. Salt Lake YSA

9. BBQ with Bethany and Tom

10. Backstage Rooftop Garden Tour on the roof of the conference center...this is what happens when you have an awesome guide who knows you're a tree hugger

11. Talking with the sister missionaries at the visitors center...and then seeing sister nion at the conference center and already having someone in salt lake to hug

12. Going to the Church history Library and helping them believe and find the impossible find!

13. Finding my Great-great-great-grandparents marriage in a parrish record book on micro-film at the family history library!

14. Meeting so many wonderful new people and friends

15. Getting to see all my friends I haven't seen in forever

It's been a whirlwind here in UT and ID but I've learned soooo much. It's been like coming home! Well, this is my last post for a while. I'm off to church and then to Idaho falls for a night and tomorrow's camp. I'm nervous and excited. It's going to be a rough ride for the first few weeks, but I'm in for the summer of my life! Once I learn to kayak well :) and I lose my city girl attitude and become a country river rat!

Next saturday I may not be able to post, not sure about internet, so until next time...Love God, Love yourself, and Love you neighbor....and SMILE! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment