Saturday, June 4, 2011

Goodbye Utah


Unfortunately, my time here in SLC is coming to a close. Tonight, I went up to a place called Mill Creek Canyon. We had a bonfire and made peanut butter smores and watched as the sun set over the mountains. I was able to go to the church history library, family history library, the information center, and the conference center. I got to take an extended tour of the garden atop the conference center b/c they found out how much I loved plants! I had the pleasure of learning the complexities of the building and seeing beautiful original works of art. There is so much beauty here in Salt Lake. As I sat, scared about my future, I looked up at the stars and realized I am protected, loved, and on the right path. I have met so many loving people. I was priveleged enough to go to a benefit concert for the phillipines, play fast and furuious uno, a garden BBQ, and watch many many movies! It was wonderful to get lost in microfilm looking at my great-great-great grandma and grandpa's marriage record in the parrish book! I loved amazing the people at the church history library, finding info they deemed impossible to find! It made their day apparently! I loved being at the benefit with so many people that I didn't know, but feeling like a part of it! Best of all, I love the fact that people here care about me! People who barely meet me, seem to care...and people I've come to visit really care! I felt like family here and I am so grateful for that! Tomorrow I go to the Singles ward here in SLC, an adventure in and of itself! I will for sure write about that! lol...Overall, it has been a very successful adventure here in SLC! It's beauty as we drove up the mountain tonight moved me to tears. I felt so close to my heavenly father tonight up there on the mountain next to a stream, sitting in a canyon,
staring up through the trees at the stars....and He still saw me there! Alone in the bottom of a canyon, He still sees me, knows me, loves me, comforts me, and protects me! I am so grateful to be here! On OUR adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment