Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I'm Back!



Hi! So here I am back from Camp. I loved it so much out there. There was almost no cell service and with working 19 hour days, I truly was able to connect with my friends, the scouts, and my Heavenly Father! it was incredible. There were pine trees everywhere and mountains. We went on night hikes, honor trail, OA ceremonies. I slept outside under the stars! It was one of the hardest experiences I have had, but definitely the best. Between the squirrel landing on my pillow at 5:30 am and sleeping with four sleeping bags b/c of desert temperatures, it was difficult at times. But by far, the experience was one of the most meaningful and influential in my life. I feel like i'm on the right path. Everything works and I have become so passionate about scouts. I met some of my best friends. I became so close with them. I learned to love sleeping outside (I'm currently havingproblems sleeping inside and past 5:30). I did polar bear in the mornings...a frigid 5:30 am dip in a 45 degree river and reciting the scout oath and law.

There are so many stories and memories that I can hardly recount them. The biggest things I've learned are:

1. Don't worry about what other people think, do your job and be accountable to yourself and the people that matter
2. PATIENCE
3. To appreciate quiet and the nature around me in the few moments that I had
4. Self confidence: I am smart, kind, and a hard worker. I am beautiful and worth love. I did a wonderful job this summer and will continue to in the future.
5. To trust people. They will help you. They will be there for you. THey will not leave you alone.
6. The temple has become my home. I feel so at peace and happy when I walk in the door. My home was always changing, it
Now I'm home. Though I would rather be out west, I am happy to see my family and friends. I came home and, bless their >hearts, they have taken care of me. I have had places to go and people to see every day that I've been home. I walked into the temple and felt so loved. Each place I go, there are people there who have missed me and love me. It's been a wonderful experience, despite the fact that I miss the west so much.

I am so grateful that I was able to expand my experience and knowledge. I love the west and it has become another home for me...it even feels more like home than chicago. One day I will make it back there. Hopefully sooner, rather than later. But one day, I will go home. For now, home is where I am. Home is where my friends, family, and ultimately Lord are....and it will be a joy either way.

1 comment:

  1. That is an awesome list! I wish I could learn things like that:)

    ReplyDelete